Finding Christmas presents ideas for everybody in your life can sometimes be quite hard. It is for me, for sure. So many people you want to make a little joy, not just your children and your husband. They get the most, of course, but there are also lots of people in my life that I want to make a little happy without having to spend a lot of money. Homemade presents are just the thing for these kind of situation: pralines, little cakes, preserves, condiments, liquors or some knitted hats or scarfs and so on.
Perfect gifts, I find, for friends, good neighbors or work colleagues, aunts and uncles, you name it.
Try making a present of these pralines, you can rarely go wrong with something sweet and chocolatey.
- 200 g/ 7 oz good quality milk chocolate
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz marzipan
- 5 tablespoons strong coffee
- 200 g/ 7 oz amarettini
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chop the chocolate, place it in a metal bowl and place the bowl over a pan with water. Find a pan that fits the bowl, it will make your work easier. The bowl should not touch the water in the pan. Place the pan with the bowl over medium heat and melt the chocolate stirring often. Do not let the water start to boil, if it does, turn off the heat and continue stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Grate the marzipan and add it to the chocolate. Stir until homogenized than add the coffee. Use the hand-held blender, if necessary, to get a smooth paste.
- Place the amarettini into a plastic bag, seal the bag and crush them into crumbs. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix everything very well. Form about 30-35 little balls. You might need to wash your hands with cold water 2 or 3 times in between, the mixture tends to start sticking when the hands get warmer and dirtier.
- Place some cocoa powder on a big plate and roll the pralines into it. Place in the fridge for a short while, then wrap them nicely.