A chopped salad fit for autumn, full of seasonal fruit and vegetables and dressed in a creamy, sweet sour pomegranate dressing.
This is really an amazing salad, we absolutely loved it. I was in the mood for a salad including pomegranate and after perusing several recipes on Pinterest, I came up with this one, which includes a lot of the stuff I had in the house at the moment, like pears and apples, pomegranate syrup, lettuce and so on.
The result was truly wonderful, everybody just loved it. Even the children liked it, especially the dressing and after picking out some (to them) offending ingredients, like the pomegranate arils, the pumpkin and the sunflower seeds, they ate the whole thing.
I used pomegranate syrup for the dressing. I bought it in a Turkish shop and never saw it in a regular store otherwise. It is really sour, so you will not need more vinegar or lemon juice. If you cannot find it, than just use something else to sour the dressing a bit.
- Ingredients for the dressing:
- 200 g yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate syrup
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sugar (if you find it too sour)
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Ingredients for the salad:
- 150 g/ 5.2 oz (lamb's) lettuce
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- the arils from 1 small pomegranate
- a piece of cucumber, about 10 cm/ 4inch long
- 1 red onion
- 35 g/ ⅓ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 35 g/ ⅓ cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz feta cheese
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Wash and dry the salad leaves very well. Chop the pear, apple, onion, cucumber and place them into a larger bowl. Add the pomegranate arils and the roasted seeds. Add about half of the dressing, mix gently, crumble the feta cheese on top and serve adding more dressing to your liking.
Rate this recipe!
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!