Last Updated on 16/06/2020 by Adina
Golden baked potatoes with cottage cheese, soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, served with a delicious avocado dip. Healthy, easy to make, and satisfying.
Soft on the inside, crispy edges, golden color, what could you ask more from a potato? A delicious dip on the side and you have a vegetarian meal that will leave you wishing for nothing more.
Baked potatoes with cottage cheese dip on the side are something that we eat very often, it is easy, cheap, healthy, very tasty, and something I am always 100% sure that the kids would like.
Ingredients and method
- This version is made with only olive oil and coarse sea salt. Very simple but very effective, I just love the saltiness and the occasional biting on a salt grain.
- For the dip, I mixed a ripe, creamy avocado with cottage cheese, tahini, and some tomatoes.
- Not to forget the garlic clove, that really gives this dish the last touch.
- You can peel the potatoes or you can leave the skin on if you like. I normally would eat the skin gladly (but only from organic potatoes) but my children would not, so I prefer to peel the potatoes in order to avoid any scenes.
- If you like to eat meat as well, you can definitely make some grilled chicken breast to go with this.
More baked potato:
- 1 ½ kg/ 3.3 pounds potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz/ 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove
- one dash ground coriander
- 1 small bunch parsley
- fine sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean and peel the potatoes (you can leave the skin on by organic and very clean potatoes). Dry the potatoes with kitchen paper and cut them into 4 or 6 wedges, depending on their size. Place them in a large bowl, add the olive oil and massage the potatoes thoroughly.
- Arrange them on a large baking tray lined with baking paper in a single layer. Sprinkle them with the coarse salt and rub them with the hands to be sure that the salt is evenly spread. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and golden, with crisp edges.
- In the meantime, blend the cottage cheese and the peeled avocado with an immersion blender. Add tahini and stir well. Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and chop them very finely. Add to the bowl together with the grated garlic clove, ground coriander, finely chopped parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 of the dish
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 1837mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 12gSugar: 7gProtein: 15g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.