Looking for an easy, no bake pumpkin dessert for Thanksgiving? Look no further: this no bake pumpkin cheesecake is creamy, delicious and made in no time.
NO BAKE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
This pumpkin cheesecake – no bake is one of the creamiest cheesecakes I have ever made! And so smooth and full of flavor you will not be able to stop eating it.
Extra bonuses: it can be made in advance and it takes minutes to put together.
NO BAKE PUMPKIN DESSERTS
Bake or no bake pumpkin desserts are the thing for us this autumn, I’ve made so many already and can’t seem to have enough of them.
For instance, these chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, I’ve baked them three times already and I am sure I will bake them again before the pumpkin season is over.
And if you are into Harry Potter, you should definitely try these pumpkin pasties!!!
Pumpkin desserts can be tricky, you can have a winner or something you will just stare at and not want to eat further. I’ve been there… There is something about pumpkin in a sweet version, there is not always a guarantee with it.
Might be the intense pumpkin flavor that suits some desserts so well, but doesn’t suits others at all. I was not able to make a pumpkin mousse I liked until now (too much pumpkin flavor) and I have tried ice cream as well. That was not good either…
But this no bake pumpkin cheesecake is delicious. Enough pumpkin flavor, but not so much as to overpower everything else, intense creaminess and smoothness.
My husband, who is not a pumpkin enthusiast, ate two pieces of the no bake pumpkin cheesecake in one go and devoured all the leftovers the next day.
INGREDIENTS FOR PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE
- The crust for the pumpkin cheesecake is a simple no bake crust made with crushed cookies and melted butter.
What kind of cookies for the crust?
- To make the crust for the no bake pumpkin cheesecake, I used the very common German butter cookies, which are crisp and pleasantly sweet and very easy to get around here.
- However, rest assure that any regular biscuits available in your area will be perfect as well. For instance, graham crackers or gingersnaps.
- You can use homemade pumpkin puree, I used leftover puree from this roasted pumpkin. The pumpkin puree was made with Hokkaido pumpkin, but butternut squash, sugar pumpkin or other flavorful pumpkin sorts are fine.
- Not the Halloween pumpkins though, they are tasteless.
Can I use canned pumpkin puree?
- Canned pumpkin puree can be used instead, make sure it is pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- You will need unsalted butter, heavy cream and full-fat cream cheese.
- You will need spices, which are commonly used in making pumpkin pie mix: cinnamon, ground ginger, ground allspice, nutmeg.
- Also some fine sea salt and pure vanilla extract.
- And some icing/powdered sugar.
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE?
You will have to make the pumpkin cheesecake one day in advance as it will need time to set in the refrigerator overnight.
Making this no bake pumpkin cheesecake is really easy and you will be ready in minutes, especially if you don’t have to make the pumpkin puree especially for this cheesecake.
If making the pumpkin puree from scratch, see this post on How to Roast Pumpkin.
- Crush the butter cookies/ graham crackers/ gingersnaps in the food processor.
- Melt the butter, add the crushed cookies and mix well.
- Grease and line the bottom of a small springform with a diameter of about 20 cm/ 8 inches with parchment paper.
- Press the crumbs into the prepared springform.
- Place in the fridge until you prepare the filling.
Pumpkin cheesecake filling:
- Whip the heavy cream. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese into a bowl and beat until fluffy and lighter in color. Add the pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and all the spices. Beat until incorporated.
- Fold in the whipped heavy cream.
- Pour the filling into the springform.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Decorate to your liking just before serving. I used orange sprinkles, but you can decorate the cheesecake with more whipped cream, if you wish.
HOW TO STORE THE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE – NO BAKE?
Keep the pumpkin cheesecake in the refrigerator all the time. The filling is very soft and smooth and it will become even softer if left outside the refrigerator.
The no bake cheesecake keeps well for 3-4 days, actually it becomes even better after a while, the flavors develop and the consistency becomes even creamier.
PIN IT FOR LATER!
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz/ 1 ½ cups crushed butter cookies/graham crackers/ gingersnaps
- 75 g/ 2.6 oz/ 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 200 ml/ 6.7 fl.oz/ scant 1 cup heavy cream
- 450 g/ 1 lb/ 2 cups full-fat cream cheese
- 225 g/ 8 oz/ 1 cup pumpkin puree (See note)
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz/ 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- sprinkles or more whipped cream to decorate, optional
- The additional time refers to baking a pumpkin and making homemade pumpkin puree. If you use canned pumpkin puree, skip this step.
- Grease and line the bottom of a springform with a diameter of about 20 cm/ 8 inches with parchment paper.
- Place the cookies/graham crackers/gingersnaps in a food processor and crush them finely.
- Melt the butter. Mix the butter and the cookie crumbs until they hold together. Press them into the prepared springform. Place in the fridge.
- Whip the heavy cream. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy and lighter in color. Add the icing sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Beat until incorporated.
- Carefully, fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Refrigerate the pumpkin cheesecake overnight.
- Decorate to your liking, either with sprinkles or whipped cream.
Homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 492 Total Fat: 38g Saturated Fat: 22g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 105mg Sodium: 304mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 21g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g