A very quick, tasty and healthy salmon recipe. Takes minutes to cook, is low fat and completely satisfying. Cooking the sides will take longer than the salmon, so be sure to start cooking them first. I like this with plain boiled potatoes and something green, like green beans or sugar snap peas. Regular peas would be fine as well.
The sauce will also take less than a minute to make and it tastes great. Healthy, tasty meal in less than half an hour or even less if you decide to quickly boil some basmati rice instead of peeling and cooking potatoes.
- 4 pieces of wild salmon, each about 125 g/4.4 oz, the pieces should be rather thick than long
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- To serve:
- boiled potatoes or rice
- cooked green beans or sugar snap peas or peas
- Start cooking the potatoes and the green beans. If you serve this with sugar peas or peas, start cooking them when the potatoes are almost done, they will not need too much cooking.
- Mix all the spices together.
- Heat a griddle (use the smooth side to cook the fish) or a non-stick pan. In the meantime dredge the fish through the spice mixture, place it on the hot griddle or in the pan and cook for 2 minutes a side. Remove from the pan and let rest for a minute while making the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.