Easy Cheesecake Recipe (Nigella Lawson)
Nigella Lawson's incredible chocolate cheesecake. A double chocolate cheesecake to die for!
- 125 g/ 4.4 oz digestives See note 1
- 60 g/ 2 oz/ ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 500 g/ 18 oz/ 2 ¼ cups full-fat cream cheese
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz/ ½ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz/ 2/3 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice or more to taste
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz dark chocolate See note 2
- 75 g/ 2.6 oz dark chocolate
- 125 ml/ 4.2 fl.oz/ ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon golden syrup See note 3
Melt the butter.
Place the digestives and the butter in a food processor and process until you get wet crumbs.
Press the crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan and place it in the fridge while you make the filling.
Beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Add the sugar and incorporate.
Add the eggs and the egg yolks one at a time, whisking well after each one. Add the sour cream and the lime juice. Beat well.
Melt the chocolate:
Place the finely chopped chocolate in a small metal bowl that fits on top of a pan.
Pour water in the pan, place the bowl with the chocolate on top but make sure that the water doesn't touch the bowl.
Heat the water gently, but do not let it come to a boil. Melt the chocolate, stirring often.
Pour the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture and fold it in gently until everything is smooth again.
Place the prepared springform into a roasting tin. Boil water in a kettle and pour the water into the roasting tin to come 2 – 2 ½ cm/ ¾ – 1 inch up the sides of the cake pan.
Bake for about 1 hour until the cake is lightly browned around the edges and the center is just set on top, but still a bit wobbly underneath.
Remove the aluminum foil and let cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate.
Unmold and glaze before serving.
Place the cheesecake on a serving platter before glazing it.
Place the finely chopped chocolate, heavy cream, and golden syrup in a small pan.
Heat gently while stirring all the time but don't let it come to a boil.
When the chocolate is almost melted remove from the heat and continue stirring until the mixture is smooth.
Let cool for a few minutes, then pour some of the glaze over the cake.
Serve the remaining glaze on the side.
- Graham crackers can be used instead.
- Use best quality dark chocolate. I recommend European style chocolate for best results.
- Corn syrup can be used instead.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 692kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 30g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 251mg | Sodium: 286mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 36g