Garlic Sour Cream Sauce
This is a hardcore garlic sour cream sauce, Romanian-style, made with a whole garlic bulb, tomatoes, and sour cream.
Servings 6 -8
- about 1 bulb garlic Note 1
- 2 level teaspoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 500 g/ about 2 cups/ 17 oz sour cream Note 2
- 2 medium tomatoes
- fine sea salt and pepper
Peel the garlic cloves and grate them finely into a bowl. Add the mustard and some salt and mix well.
Add the oil gradually while stirring all the time, until the mixture emulsifies slightly, like a mayonnaise. Add the sour cream and mix well.
Remove the seeds from the tomatoes, chop them very finely. Add to the bowl and stir gently. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper to taste.
- Less according to taste, but be generous.
- Or smetana, creme fraiche. For a lower fat version use Greek yogurt with at least 3% fat.
Serving: 1/8 of the sauce | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 109mg | Sugar: 3g