Hungarian Dip - Körözött
Körözött - a simple Hungarian dip or appetizer with feta, cottage cheese, caraway seeds, and paprika.
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz/ ½ cup crumbled feta
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz/ ½ cup cottage cheese or quark
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds roughly ground
- 1 tablespoon sour cream/ smetana/ Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika powder or more to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons milk optional
- ½ small red onion about 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- fine sea salt and pepper
Place the feta and cottage cheese into a bowl and roughly mash with a fork.
Grind the caraway seeds roughly with a mortar and pestle or in a small grinding machine. Add it to the cheese together with the paprika.
Add the sour cream/smetana/yogurt (whatever you happen to have) and stir well.
Add 1 or 2 tablespoons milk only if you feel that the mixture should be a little more spreadable.
Chop the red onion very finely and add it to the mixture.
Adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
Serve on bread or crackers or with raw vegetable sticks.
Serving: 1/2 of the dip | Calories: 212kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 799mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g