Delicious, buttered vegetables, a simple and adaptable side dish of mixed vegetables. Perfectly suitable for any kind of main dish.
Servings 4 -6
- 1 medium onion
- 200 g/ 7 oz/ about 1 ½ cups chopped green beans Note 1
- 200 g/ 7 oz carrots about 3 medium
- 350 g/ 12.5 oz/ about 4 cups cauliflower about ½ a medium cauliflower
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz/ ¾ cup frozen peas Note 2
- 60 g/ 2.1 oz/ ¼ cup butter Note 3
- 125 ml/ 4.2 fl. oz/ ½ cup vegetable stock
- small bunch parsley Note 4
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the vegetables. Halve and cut the onion halves into
half rings. Set aside, separated from the rest of the veggies.
If the green beans are frozen, let them defrost at least partially. Peel and cut the carrots into sticks. Divide the cauliflower into florets and cut the stem into cubes.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook
for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until they start to soften and are slightly golden.
Add all the other vegetables, salt, pepper, and stir well to coat. Add the stock as well.
Cook on medium-low heat for about 8 minutes or until the vegetables are done to your liking. They should not be too soft, but tender yet still crisp.
Adjust the taste with salt and pepper, stir in the chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
- Fresh or frozen. If frozen, defrost them at least partially.
- No need to defrost them.
- Salted or unsalted. Take that into consideration when you season the veggies with salt.
- Frozen parsley is fine as well, but don’t use dried parsley. You can use other fresh herbs instead, for instance, chives, basil, thyme, etc.
Serving: 1/4 of the dish | Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 377mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g