Roasted Frozen Cauliflower
Learn how to make roasted frozen cauliflower. Just the veggies, olive oil, and spices for a perfectly delicious side dish that goes well with just about anything.
- 1 lb frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt or Kosher
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder Note 1
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice more to taste, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley optional
Preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius/ 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper (Note 2).
Place the frozen cauliflower in the middle of the baking sheet. Add olive oil and spices, toss to coat all over. Spread the pieces evenly all over the baking tray.
Bake for about 25 minutes, or until fork-tender and nicely browned. The baking time depends on the oven and the size of the florets.
Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top, sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve.
- You can use other spices instead: garlic powder, sweet, hot, or smoked paprika, Cajun or Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes or cayenne, dried herbs like thyme, oregano, or rosemary.
- Check that the brand of parchment paper is safe for very high oven temperatures; not all of them are, and you don’t want the paper to burn.
- Air fryer option: Coat the cauliflower with oil and spices. Cook in the preheated air fryer at 190 degrees Celsius/ 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes, shaking the basket 2-3 times in between.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 660mg | Potassium: 715mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 182IU | Vitamin C: 115mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg