These zucchini brownies… so good… so moist…
I made these last week and I chose the recipe just because it contained zucchini and I still have so many zucchini in my cellar waiting to be cooked.
The recipe only needs 150 g zucchini, it is not the world, but still something and these brownies really could not be better. I mean, brownies, everybody loves them, there are so many recipes out there and they are probably all good, but if you, like me, swim in zucchini at the moment, do give these brownies a try, you will not regret it.
I promise you will not taste or see the zucchini at all, they are there to make the brownies so wonderfully moist.
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz zucchini
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz cashews
- 75 g/ 2.6 oz butter
- 50 g/ 1.7 g dark chocolate with 70% cocoa content
- 2 eggs
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 50 g/ 1.7 oz all-purpose flour
- 5 heaped teaspoons natural cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- chocolate chips, optional
- icing sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius/ 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a brownie pan (mine is 22 x 24 cm/ 8.6 x 9.5 inches) with baking paper.
- Grate the zucchini and roughly chop the cashews.
- Place the butter and the roughly chopped chocolate into a small pan and heat gently until melted. Do not let boil. Leave to cool for a few minutes while preparing the rest.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar into a bowl and whisk up with a hand-held mixer until frothy.
- Mix the flour, cocoa and baking powder together and give over the egg mixture. Incorporate and add the butter-chocolate mixture. Add the zucchini and the cashews and incorporate everything. You can add some chocolate chips here if you like.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, depending on your oven and also the size of the pan. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake. It should come out still a little moist. Leave to cool and dust with icing sugar if desired.
- It keeps well in an airtight container for several days.