Make these amazing honey mustard chicken legs or drumsticks tonight! This easy recipe is perfect for the entire family.
We love roasted chicken legs, and this recipe for honey mustard chicken legs or chicken drumsticks is one of our favorites!
The chicken legs are incredibly tender and smothered in that flavorful honey mustard sauce - irresistible!
Winter is finally here; there is a blizzard outside like I haven't seen in a long time. The kitchen is warm and dark; the children are listening to “Frozen” on the CD player, and the house smells of mandarins. It is really idyllic here right now. Almost like Christmas! 🙂
And check out our Sticky Honey Lime Chicken Thighs as well.
More honey chicken recipes
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a good rating in the recipe card below. Stay in touch through social media: Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram. Don’t forget to tag me #whereismyspoon when you try a recipe!
Chicken in Honey Mustard Sauce
- 6 whole chicken legs quarters
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- fine salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 5 tablespoons clear honey
- 5 tablespoons chicken stock
- 5 rosemary sprigs
- Divide the chicken legs at the joint and remove the fat hanging on the inside of the thigh. I also remove the upper part of the chicken thigh, where the back of the chicken begins. I use those parts to make chicken broth. But you can leave that on if you don't want the extra work, or you can use chicken thighs where that part has already been removed.
- Marinate chicken: Mix the whole grain mustard and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place the chicken in a large shallow dish and rub it all over with this mixture. Cover with plastic foil and leave to marinate in the fridge for about one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown chicken: Heat the remaining olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet, large enough to hold all the chicken parts in one layer. Place the chicken in the pan, skin-side down, and fry on all sides until golden brown. This should take about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Cook: In the meantime, stir together the Dijon mustard, the whole grain mustard, the honey, and the chicken stock. Add to the browned chicken, sprinkle everything with the rosemary, place the skillet in the oven and cook for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. The juices should run completely clear to make sure that the chicken is cooked through pierce the thighs with a toothpick; the juices should run completely clear.
- Serve with baguette and green salad.