Last Updated on 26/06/2020 by Adina
Easy lemon popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. These pops are refreshing, and full of flavor – the perfect summer treat!
Lemon Popsicle Recipe
These lemon popsicles are such a treat! Easy to make, cheap, ready in about 5 minutes, without counting the freezing time, of course. And the best of it: one popsicle only has about 80 calories!
And if you are into making popsicles or ice cream this summer, have a look at these Greek Yogurt Popsicles or this No-Churn Ice Cream with strawberries or peanut butter. All so easy to make and so delicious!
What do you need for making lemon pops?
Otherwise, just 3 ingredients:
- Creamy Greek-style lemon yogurt – I use low-fat.
- Optional: a few drops of yellow food coloring. The pops will taste the same (great!) with or without the color.
Alternative sweeteners, everything to taste:
- Regular sugar
- Golden syrup
- Agave syrup
- You can use plain Greek yogurt to make the lemon popsicles, however, I prefer a creamy lemon yogurt, it adds more flavor.
- Use as much honey as needed, it depends on the sort of yogurt you are using as well. If the yogurt is plain, you will need more honey, if the yogurt is sweetened, you will need less honey.
- Make the lemon pops at least one day before you want to serve them, it is best if they have the time to freeze overnight.
- To release the lemon popsicles from the molds, run the molds under warm water.
- Use other dairy products instead of yogurt. For a richer version, try sour cream or smetana.
- Vegan alternative: use vegan yogurt and vegan sweetener.
- Make lime popsicles using the juice of 2-3 limes.
- For boozy popsicles, add some Limoncello or lemon vodka, to taste (not too much).
More lemon desserts?
- 500 g/ 1.1 lb/ 2 cups lemon yogurt (See note)
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, to taste
- a few drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Place the lemon yogurt, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and honey in a bowl. Stir well and add more honey or lemon juice to taste. Stir in a few drops yellow food color, if desired.
- Divide the yogurt mixture between the popsicle molds and freeze until solid, usually overnight.
- To release the popsicles, run the molds under warm water.
Creamy lemon yogurt, low-fat, if desired. If using plain Greek yogurt, you might need more honey.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 lemon popsicle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 34mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.