Last Updated on 27/07/2020 by Adina
Refreshing cherry popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. Intense cherry flavor, healthy and so easy to make.
Still got some cherries? How about making cherry popsicles? You will only need 3 ingredients, they really taste of cherries, they are only slightly sweet, and super healthy on top of everything else.
I mean, there is only the fruit, one lemon and a little honey… you could hardly find a recipe for healthier pops, I guess… And don’t you just love that deep red color?
What do you need?
- Cherries – sweet cherries, any sort you happen to have. I always use heart cherries that grow in my garden, they are incredibly plump and sweet, dark, and beautiful. They are similar to Bing cherries.
- Honey – use according to taste. I started with a little and added more after blending and tasting the mixture. It depends on the sweetness of the fruit, you should really add as much or as little as you think fit.
- Lemon – don’t leave it out, it really enhances the cherry flavor.
- Cherry pitter – I could not do without it in summer.
- Food processor or blender
- Popsicle molds (Both Amazon affiliate links)
- You can make these popsicles with other fruit as well. Or berries.
- Try mango (incredible flavor), raspberries (preferably to pass the blended mixture through a sieve to remove the little seeds), strawberries, or peach.
- And these are only the sorts I’ve tried.
- Try your favorite fruit or berries or mixtures of different kinds.
- You can use fresh or frozen fruit or berries.
- Maple syrup
- Agave syrup
- Other sugar substitutes that you might be already using in your diet
- Always add sweetener to taste.
What you could add?
- Greek yogurt, sour cream, heavy cream, or even coconut milk. They will change the taste and consistency, but the pops will be delicious as well. These additions will turn your popsicles into creamsicles.
- For boozy ice pops you could add 2-3 tablespoons Kirsch or Amaretto.
How to make?
- Pit the cherries.
- Blend them very thoroughly in the food processor, they should be really smooth.
- Add lemon juice and 2-3 tablespoons of honey. Stir very well.
- Taste and add more honey if you find it necessary.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and place the sticks on top.
- If you are not using molds that come with a stick, freeze the pops for about one hour. Insert a wooden stick into the mixture. If it holds, insert the remaining ones as well and continue freezing until the pops are fully frozen, at least 6-8 hours, preferably overnight.
- If the stick doesn’t hold, wait for another ½ hour and try again.
- These cherry popsicles are softer than regular ones, they will defrost quite fast if left outside the freezer.
- They also have a slightly different consistency than the one we are used to, somewhat crumblier, softer.
- I love that consistency, I just mention it so that you know what to expect.
More summer desserts:
- 500 g/ about 1 lb sweet cherries
- juice of 1 lemon (Note)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey, more to taste
- Pit the cherries.
- Blend them in the food processor until very smooth. Add lemon juice and honey. Blend well again and taste. Add more lemon juice and honey to taste, if necessary. Blend again.
- Pour the mixture into the molds, insert the sticks. Freeze for at least 6-8 hours, preferably overnight.
For boozy popsicles, you could add 2-3 tablespoons Kirsch brandy or Amaretto.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 popsicle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.