Orange popsicles, juicy and refreshing and so easy to make. A healthy and delicious dessert for hot summer days.
These orange popsicles are just one sort of the many popsicles we are making this summer. Check out the Greek yogurt pops, the lemon or the lime popsicles. I really could not say, which are the best. Whenever my kids have one in the hand, they say that is the best, only to say the same thing about the next sort they are eating…
And what is not to love? A refreshing summer snack, full of flavor and sooooo easy to make. Really! You will probably not need 10 minutes to make them. They do need their time in the freezer afterward, but that should not be a problem.
And kids just love to make them themselves.
What do you need?
- Only four ingredients – oranges, buttermilk, honey, vanilla extract – and the molds.
- I often make popsicles with Greek yogurt, but I love using buttermilk as well, it adds to the tanginess of this delicious orange sort, you will just love the combination.
- And, of course, you can use Greek yogurt or orange yogurt instead of buttermilk. In case you choose orange yogurt, keep in mind that it is probably sweetened, you might want to adjust the quantity of the sweetener you are using.
- I use honey as a sweetener for popsicles most of the time. Start with about 3-4 tablespoons and add 1 or 2 more as you like it. I do prefer these pops to be on the tangy side, but that is really up to you.
How to make?
- Juice the oranges and pour the juice into a bowl.
- Add the buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- Add some honey.
- Stir well and adjust the taste with more honey as necessary.
- Pour the mixture into the molds and insert the sticks.
- Freeze for at least 4-6 hours.
How to unmold the popsicles?
- Run the molds under warm water for a few seconds.
- Remove the pops from the molds.
More summer desserts:
- 500 ml/ 17 fl.oz/ 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 350 ml/ 12 fl.oz/ 1 ½ cups buttermilk (Note)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 tablespoons honey, more or less to taste
- Squeeze the orange. Pour the juice into a bowl. Add the buttermilk, vanilla extract, and 3-4 tablespoons honey. Stir well. Taste and add more honey to your liking.
- Pour the mixture into the molds, insert the sticks. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours.
- To unmold run the molds under warm water for a few seconds.
Greek yogurt is also an option.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 orange popsicle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is not always accurate.