Last Updated on 20/08/2020 by Adina
Refreshing lime popsicles with Greek yogurt, honey, and brown sugar. Add some rum for a Mojito flavored version.
These lime popsicles are my daughter’s favorite popsicles. Without the rum, of course, I usually add the rum for my husband, who very much enjoys anything rum flavored. So, I have to make two batches of these popsicles every time, with and without the booze.
Lime, orange, lemon, cherry or other fruit popsicles, we really go through lots of them every summer. Some are made with yogurt or buttermilk, some are just fruit and some sweetener, but they are all delicious, incredibly refreshing and satisfying during the summer months.
- Full-fat or lower fat is up to you, I’ve used both and they are both fine.
- Quite difficult to say how many limes you will need to get the necessary amount of juice.
- Some limes are larger and juicier, but I often have some that are really dry.
- Buy at least 3-4 to be on the safe side.
- The amount needed is really to taste. Start with the indicated amount and add more to make the pops as tangy as you wish.
- Honey and brown sugar. They both add not only sweetness but flavor as well.
- I find the brown sugar helps to slightly recreate the Mojito taste when you add rum to the mixture.
- Optional to make boozy popsicles.
- We normally have Havana Club, but Bacardi or similar is fine.
- Don’t serve these popsicles to kids, pregnant women, or people with alcohol issues.
- Also optional for making Mojito-flavored pops.
- Be very careful with the dosage. Start with very little and only add more, if necessary.
How to make?
- Mix together the yogurt, juice, honey, and sugar until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Only add rum if serving this to adults.
- If using mint essence, add only one or two drops at first, it could be overpowering. Add more only if necessary.
- Adjust the taste with more lime juice, honey, or brown sugar.
- The popsicles should be intensely sweet and tangy.
- Pour the mixture into the molds. Insert the sticks.
- Freeze for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
How to unmold the popsicles?
- Run the molds under warm water for a few seconds.
- Remove the pops from the molds.
More summer desserts:
- 400 g/ 14 oz/ 1 ¾ cups Greek yogurt
- about 40 ml/ 1.3 fl.oz/ 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white rum, optional (Note 1)
- a few drops of mint essence, optional (Note 2)
- Mix together the yogurt, lime juice, honey, and brown sugar until the sugar dissolves. Add more honey, sugar, or lime juice to taste, the mixture should be really sweet and tangy.
- Add white rum, only if serving the popsicles to adults. Add mint essence, if desired. Start with one or two drops, and only add more if necessary.
- Pour the mixture into the molds. Insert the sticks. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- To make Mojito flavored popsicles.
- Add only one or two drops of mint essence at first and check before adding more, it should not be overpowering.
- The nutrition includes the rum addition.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.