This is another recipe I have tested for QimiQ. Here is the first.
It was unexpected good. And what was even more unexpected: my children loved it. Both of them! They ate everything on their plate – VEGETABLES – and wanted seconds. Ok, I admit, the vegetables were cut pretty small, but still, not a word against them – it was wonderful!
The QimiQ can be of course replaced with heavy cream or with a mixture of milk and low fat cream cheese. Just take what you like. I prefer to use low fat cream cheese instead of heavy cream.
- 300 g/ 10.5 oz spaghetti
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 big carrot, about 150 g/ 5 oz
- 1 medium zucchini, about 200 g/ 7 oz
- 1 piece of celeriac, about 200 g/ 7 oz
- 300 g/ 10.5 oz QimiQ sauce base or 200 g/ 7 oz low fat cream cheese mixed with 60 ml/ ¼ cup milk
- herbs of your choice
- salt and pepper
- Cut the vegetables into very fine strips.
- Start cooking the spaghetti.
- Cook the vegetables in the vegetable stock. It won't take long, they are finely cut and they should be a bit firm to the bite. Mix in the QimiQ sauce base or the cream cheese mixture and let it cook until it thickens a bit. Adjust the taste with salt, pepper and chopped herbs.
- Mix the spaghetti and the sauce and serve immediately with a green salad.