Air fryer pork tenderloin, juicy on the inside, brown and spicy on the outside. A fuss-free recipe ready in less than 30 minutes.
Cooking pork tenderloin is generally an easy task, and making air fryer pork tenderloin is even easier. All you have to do is to season the meat, and air fry it for less than 20 minutes flipping once. Really! That’s it!
And the result? A nice, juicy piece of meat, slightly crispy on the outside, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. And if you like pork tenderloin, but don’t have an air fryer, try this amazing cast-iron tenderloin or the pistachio-crusted pork.
What do you need?
Just the meat, very little oil and some spices.
- The filet or pork tender is a lean, long, boneless piece of meat, which is cut from the muscle that runs alongside the backbone of the animal.
- Not to be confused with the pork loin, which is also rather lean, but much larger. The loin is cut from the back of the pig, it can come with bones or without.
- The tenderloin should be cooked quickly, it can be either air fried, roasted, grilled or broiled.
- The piece I had weighed about 500 g/ 1.1 lb and I was able to easily fit it in one piece in the basket of the air fryer.
- If your piece is much larger, cut it in half, you will definitely be able to fit the pieces into the basket.
- 500 g was enough to feed 2 adults and 2 children, so two pieces would be more than enough for 4-6 adults.
- A mixture of salt, pepper, sweet, smoked and hot paprika, garlic and onion powder and dried thyme.
- You can change the seasoning according to taste.
- Choose any other dry rub you like, or just combine a few spices you happen to have in the cupboard.
How to cook?
Prepare the meat:
- Start by removing any fat.
- Remove the silver skin, it is tough and chewy.
- Place the blade of a small, sharp knife under the silver skin and cut a little piece of skin that you can hold on to. Run the knife under the skin, working at an angle.
- Carefully, remove the silverskin, without cutting into the meat underneath. The skin should come away in a long strip.
- Coat the meat with the oil and rub it well with the spice mixture.
Air fryer pork tenderloin cooking time
- Preheat the air fryer, if necessary, some machines need it, some not. Mine does, so I preheat it for 3 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius/ 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the meat into the basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes, flip, and cook for 7 more minutes.
- The cooking time depends on the thickness of the meat pieces. It is best to check that the recommended internal temperature has been achieved by using a meat thermomether. The temperature should be 63-70 degrees Celsius/ 145-160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The temperature will rise slightly after you remove the meat from the pan, so if you remove it when at 63 C/ 145 F, it will have a temperature of 65 C/ 149 F once you serve it.
What to serve with it?
Any side dish you can think of.
More air fryer recipes:
- 500 g/ 1.1 lb pork tenderloin (Note)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Remove the excess fat and the silverskin on the pork tenderloin.
- Preheat the air fryer, if necessary, and according to the machine's instructions. I need to preheat my air fryer for 3 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius/ 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together all the spices.
- Coat the meat with the oil and rub it well with the spices. Place into the basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flip and cook for 7 more minutes. The cooking time depends on the thickness of the meat pieces. It is best to check that the recommended internal temperature has been achieved by using a meat thermometer. The temperature should be 63-70 degrees Celsius/ 145-160 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature will rise slightly after you remove the meat from the pan, so if you remove it when at 63 C/ 145 F, it will have a temperature of 65 C/ 149 F once you serve it.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, slice, and serve.
You can halve a larger piece and serve more people. In this case, increase the quantity of spices as well.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1/3 of the dish
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 802mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 44g
Nutritional information is not always accurate.