Elbow macaroni, ham, peppers, corn and tomatoes… this was definitely something for the children. I had three here eating this, my two own and my god daughter and they ate big time, all of them took seconds and said they want me to cook this again as soon as possible. It is really nice to see children eating what is on their plate without picking out the bits they find suspicious. Sometimes they find most of what is on the plate suspicious and that can really annoy a mother. But not this time! 🙂 🙂
But it was not only something for the children, the adults all enjoyed this as well.
- 250 g/ 8.8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow or green bell pepper
- 2 celery sticks
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 can corn (about 200g / 7 oz)
- 150 g/ 5.2 oz ham
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml/ 1 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz grated cheese
- freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- 2 scallions
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to the packet's instructions. Drain well.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean and chop the bell peppers, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes and ham into small pieces. Drain the corn. Mix the ham, vegetables and elbow macaroni and place everything in a lightly buttered casserole dish.
- Mix together the eggs, milk and minced garlic. Adjust the taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour this mixture over the noodles and vegetables. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for about 40 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
- Take out of the oven, let stand for about 10 minutes, sprinkle with the finely chopped scallions and serve with green salad.