An incredibly easy to make, moist and delicious chocolate loaf cake with hazelnuts, dark chocolate and dry breadcrumbs.
This is for me an autumn/winter cake I wouldn’t even consider making it in spring or in summer. All the ingredients make me think of frosty wetter, of fallen leaves getting already sticky on the ground, frozen grass in the morning and cold hands. And then coming home, putting some logs in the chimney, making a cup of hot coffee, cutting yourself a nice piece of cake and just enjoying the silence. Well, if your kids are in kindergarten, otherwise enjoying their chatter.
And another plus point for this Easy Hazelnut Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate: you’d have a hard time finding one that’s easier and faster to make. Just weigh your ingredients, mix for 1 or 2 minutes and bake. One bowl, one loaf pan and 2 small mixer paddles to clean.
- 100 g/ 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 g/ 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g/ 2 cups grated dark chocolate (60 -70% cocoa)
- 300 g/ 3 cups ground hazelnuts
- 200g / 7 oz butter, soft
- 6 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius/ 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease your loaf pan (about 30 cm/ 12 inch long).
- Mix the dried breadcrumbs, baking powder, sugar, salt, grated chocolate and hazelnuts in a bowl. Add the soft butter and the eggs. Mix slowly with the hand-held mixer for half a minute, than increase the speed and mix for another half minute.
- Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the cake stand for another 5 to 10 minutes in the hot oven.
- Serve sprinkled with powder sugar or coat the cake with chocolate.