This is another zucchini recipe that I’ve repeatedly made during the last few years. It is quick, unusual yet simple and it tastes fantastic. And the best of it all: your children will actually eat something containing zucchini. Just tell them it’s zucchini pizza and they will be happy.
You can eat this warm with a tomato or green salad on the side or take the cold pieces to a picnic for instance.
- 500 g/ 1.1 lbs zucchini
- 1 large onion
- 200 g/ 7 oz grated cheese
- 140 g/1 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 120 ml /½ cup oil
- 5 eggs
- 125 g / 4.4 oz bacon
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grate the zucchini. Chop the onion and the bacon. Beat the eggs.
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients. Season to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a large baking tray (40 cm x 30 cm/ 15.7 x 12 inches) lined with baking paper or oiled. Bake for about 30 minutes until the eggs are set and the cake is golden brown.