Last Updated on
Soft, savory zucchini feta pancakes with lots of herbs, probably one of the tastiest ways of enjoying zucchini.
These zucchini feta pancakes are our favorite vegetable pancakes and one of our favorite ways of eating zucchini.
Zucchini! Incredibly versatile, cheap, and healthy, the one vegetable which could overwhelm you with its availability in summer. Everyone with a garden knows that: if there is one vegetable that tends to grow out of your ears then it’s the zucchini.
You don’t even have to grow vegetables to know that. I don’t have veggies in my garden, but still have more zucchini thrown into my direction in summer than we can possibly consume … I remember the first year a friend, who loves gardening, started growing vegetables in her garden. She actually planted nine zucchini plants and had enough zucchini to feed the whole village. 🙂
- This recipe is suitable for regular of for overgrown garden zucchini as well, there are always a few super large ones that don’t get picked in time. Using them for making sweet and sour zucchini pickles is also a great idea!
- Parsley, chives, dill, or any other fresh herbs you like.
- You can also use frozen herbs.
- I often make these feta pancakes with parsley paste, which also contains chives, garlic, and lots of salt. If you use my parsley paste, be careful with the salt you will add to the batter, the paste is very salty.
- You can also replace the herbs with 3-4 teaspoons pesto of choice (to taste, actually).
- I make the pancakes with feta most of the time, definitely, feta bought in a block and not already crumbled feta.
- Alternatively, you could try another cheese of choice, something with a stronger taste.
How to serve?
- The zucchini feta pancakes are best served hot, but cold leftovers are great as well.
- The recipe is supposed to serve 4, but the pancakes are quite large, so you might be able to feed 6 with them, we had leftovers every time.
- We normally serve them with a green salad or tomato salad.
More savory pancakes:
For instance, parsley, dill or chives. You can replace the herbs and garlic with 3-4 teaspoons pesto. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 pancake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 559Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 403mgSodium: 759mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 25g
For instance, parsley, dill or chives.
You can replace the herbs and garlic with 3-4 teaspoons pesto.
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.