Last Updated on 02/07/2020 by Adina
Summer quinoa salad with strawberries, nectarines, and feta. Delicious, healthy, and easy to make, perfect for a potluck party or for any other occasion.
Fruit Quinoa Salad with Feta
Easy to make summer quinoa salad with lots of flavorful ingredients like strawberries, nectarines, and feta. Not to forget lots of herbs like mint, coriander, and parsley.
I love Pinterest, don’t you? It is a constant source of inspiration in just about anything you could think of. And when it comes to recipes… amazing! I have found so many great recipes and cooking/ baking blogs here. And lately so many salads including fresh fruit. I love that, I made some during the last years but really not as many as I could have.
This salad is also inspired by a recipe found on Pinterest. It is from Feasting at Home. I changed it quite a lot but still, I would have probably not thought of anything like it on my own.
But it worked great: the hearty quinoa, the fresh fruit, and especially the herbs. I used a lot of mint, some parsley, and coriander.
Ingredients for the quinoa salad
- Just be sure to use really ripen, good quality strawberries and nectarines, the salad relies a lot on their sweetness and flavor.
- And lots and lots of herbs.
- I used a mirabelle plum white wine vinegar because I happened to have that and thought it would go well in this salad. It did, but if you don’t have any, just use plain white wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar for instance. I can imagine that balsamic vinegar would also be great combined with the strawberries.
- I also love the addition of lemon juice in the salad, I added just a little in the beginning but then more and more as I started adjusting the taste, I love salads to be a bit tangy and lemon just worked perfectly with the sweet fruit.
More salads with fruit and berries?
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz/ ½ cup quinoa
- 250 ml/ 8.5 fl.oz/ 1 cup water
- 1 small handful almonds
- 2 small shallots
- about 6-7 strawberries or more according to their size
- 1 nectarine
- 1 handful mint
- 1 handful parsley
- some coriander
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz/ 1 cup feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 organic lemon, juice and some zest
- fine sea salt and black pepper
- Wash the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve very thoroughly. Cook according to the packet's instructions. Drain thoroughly, leave to cool completely and chill until ready to use.
- Toast the almonds in a small pan without adding any fat. Leave to cool completely and chop roughly.
- Chop the shallots and the herbs very finely.
- Place the quinoa, shallots and herbs in a bowl. In a small bowl whisk together the mustard, white wine vinegar, and about 1 teaspoon lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice or more to taste. Slowly add the olive oil and whisk to emulsify slightly. Pour over the salad and mix.
- Chop the strawberries and nectarine into small pieces. Add to the salad and mix very gently, taking care not to crush the fruit. Adjust the taste with more lemon juice, salt and pepper. Arrange the salad on a platter.
- Sprinkle it with the toasted almonds and crumbled feta cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1/3 of the salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 353Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 771mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 5gSugar: 22gProtein: 9g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.