Glazed air fryer ribs, sweet, sticky and incredibly delicious. Quick and easy to make in an air fryer.
Tender air fryer pork ribs ready in about 30 minutes. Covered in a sweet and sticky glaze and totally delicious!
I am very much into my air fryer lately. Pork ribs, chicken drumsticks, breaded zucchini, carrots... lots and lots of different things. Not to mention, using it for cooking just some frozen fries or heating up bought vegan “meatballs”.
The perfect gadget to use when you don't have a lot of time for cooking. Or, for cooking food, you would otherwise cook with a lot of oil.
And if you would like to try some amazing beef ribs, learn How to Cook Beef Ribs in the Oven.
How to make air fryer ribs?
Prepare the pork ribs:
- You will need one rack of pork spare ribs or baby back ribs.
- Remove the ribs from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Cut the ribs into several pieces that would fit in the basket.
- Pat them dry with kitchen towels.
- Rub very lightly with oil, and season well with salt and pepper.
Make the glaze:
- In a small bowl, mix honey, ketchup, soy sauce, mustard, sweet and smoked paprika powder, salt, and pepper. You can add some chili powder to taste, but it is not mandatory.
- Should you have some leftover marinade, keep it covered in the refrigerator. It will be ok for at least 2-3 days. Use it to glaze chicken drumsticks or eggplants, for instance.
- Preheat the air fryer. Not all need to be preheated, so make sure to check the instructions for your fryer.
- Mine needs preheating, so I turn it on for 3 minutes.
- Place the pork ribs in the basket. (1)
- Cook for 12 minutes. (2)
- Flip and cook for a further 8 minutes. (3)
- Brush with the glaze all over and cook for further 5 minutes until they are cooked through, and the glaze is shiny and sticky. (4, 5)
- Divide the ribs and serve. (6)
How to serve?
- They are best served immediately.
- Leftovers can be reheated in the air fryer, do it for about 4-5 minutes and check if they are heated through.
- I like serving them with oven potato wedges, smashed potatoes, or fries.
- And a green salad with vinaigrette or yogurt dressing.
More pork rib recipes
Air Fryer Ribs
- 1 rack spare or baby back ribs about 750 g/ 1.7 lb
- 1-2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- fine sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- chili to taste
- Remove the ribs from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before frying. Pull off or cut the membrane on the back of the ribs, if you wish. Cut the ribs into several pieces so that they fit in the air fryer's basket. Pat them dry with kitchen towels, rub with oil, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Mix together honey, ketchup, soy sauce, mustard, sweet and smoked paprika powder, salt, and pepper. Add chili powder to taste, if you wish.
- Preheat the air fryer to 190 degrees Celsius/ 380 degrees Fahrenheit, if necessary (according to its instructions). Place the pork ribs in the basket.
- Cook for 12 minutes. Flip and cook for a further 8 minutes. Brush with the glaze all over and cook for 5 minutes more, until they are cooked through and the glaze is shiny and sticky.