This was not the first time I baked with peanut butter but it was the first time I liked the result. I love peanut butter on bread and absolutely adore to cook with it, but until now I wasn’t thrilled with the baking results. Somehow peanut butter on the sweet side is not my thing.
But this pie was different: nice and cheesy and creamy. Really good. Everybody (especially the kids) enjoyed it. The recipe I found here. I tried a few recipe from this blog and all were great, especially this, this and this.
- Ingredients for the crust:
- 240 g/ 8 oz wafer chocolate cookies
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz butter
- Ingredients for the filling:
- 240 g/ 8 oz cream cheese
- 250/ 1 cup peanut butter, chunky
- 100 g/ ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 ml/ 1 cup heavy cream
- Ingredients for the topping:
- 100 g/ 4 oz bitter chocolate
- 125 ml/ ½ cup heavy cream
- chopped peanuts
- grated chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the crust place the soft butter and the wafer chocolate cookies in the food processor and process until everything comes together. Alternatively crush the cookies than mix with the melted butter. Press everything in a 20 cm/9 inch springform and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Blend the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla extract together. Beat the heavy cream and fold in the cream cheese mixture carefully. Pour everything into the baked pie shell, sprinkle lightly with salt and refrigerate until set. I left my cake in the fridge over night.
- To make the topping chop the chocolate and place into a small bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a soft boil and pour immediately over the chocolate. Let sit for 2 minutes, than stir thoroughly until the chocolate is completely melted. Pour over the cake and refrigerate until just firm, about 10 -15 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and the grated chocolate (or chocolate swirls if you have the time to make those). Refrigerate again until ready to serve.