Wonderful strawberry and white chocolate muffins made with yogurt and sour cream, these are my favorite muffins this spring.
Are you in the mood for something sweet, comforting, and fluffy, but don't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen? Then the recipe for the strawberry and white chocolate muffins might be exactly what you need.
Easy to make muffins, so tender and delicious, very aromatic due to the strawberries, sweet and comforting thanks to those white chocolate chips. So good!
My children love muffins, so I make some rather often, easy and quick muffin recipes like these Quick Apple Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins, the Carrot Muffins or Cupcakes with Blueberry Frosting or my favorite, those I make most of the times: the Basic Sour Cream Muffins or Cupcakes, which we eat either plain or are the basis for most frosted cupcakes I make.
I didn't often bake with strawberries, this Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Almond Streusel or this Strawberry Rhubarb Cake with Greek Yogurt being the exceptions. I use lots of strawberries for cakes, but mostly to put them fresh on top of a cake, to bake them seemed weird until not long ago.
But I am glad I got over this and finally started using them in baked cakes as well, the results are really well worth it!
How to make perfect muffins every time?
Making muffins is actually very easy, there are just a few ingredients to be mixed, many times you don't even need to use a mixer. You do need a mixer for this recipe because the egg whites need to be stiff, but otherwise, for most muffin recipes a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon would be enough.
6 Steps for making perfect muffins:
- Step 1: Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Step 2: Mix all the wet ingredients in a jug or another bowl.
- Step 3: Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix in with a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon. Do not overmix, it is perfectly OK if there are still some lumps in the batter. It is better to have a lumpier batter than tough muffins. If you work the batter too much, too much gluten will develop and that is what is making your muffins tough.
- Step 4: Carefully fold in any mix-ins, in this case, chopped white chocolate or chips and strawberries.
- Step 5: Place the batter to the prepared tin, the wells of the tin should be about ¾ full with batter.
- Step 6: Bake until golden and until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Do not overbake, that will make the muffins dry, especially if they don't contain any fresh fruit.
Carrot Muffins with Blueberry Frosting
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Nigella's Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Strawberry and White Chocolate Muffins (with Yogurt)
- 250 g/ 8.8 oz/ 2 cups flour
- 35 g/ 1.2 oz/ ¼ cup cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 125 g/ 4.4 oz/ ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml/ 3.4 fl.oz/ ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz/ ⅜ cup sour cream
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz/ ½ cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz/ about 1 cup white chocolate chopped (or white chocolate chips)
- 250 g/ 8.8 oz strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 360 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar in a bowl.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, oil, sour cream, yogurt, and vanilla extract together.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients onto the flour mixture and incorporate it carefully with a rubber spatula. Do not overmix, the dry ingredients should only barely become wet.
- Chop the strawberries. Chop the white chocolate (or use white chocolate chips). Fold them into the batter together with the egg whites.
- Place the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake for about 18-20 minutes until golden and until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Priya @priyascurrynation says
muffins are the one which never fails..
delicious muffins, adina! i love white chocolate with anything, especially strawberries!