How about an apple orange smoothie to start the day in a healthy and delicious way? Add some turmeric or golden paste to make it even better.
I do love my homemade Turmeric Paste for Golden Milk, and I normally drink it every day in the original form of Golden Milk or as Turmeric Tea. But because I usually like a lot of change when it comes to eating and drinking, I've come up with several recipes that use this wonderful mixture.
One of them, and probably the simplest of them all, is this apple smoothie with orange and banana. A perfectly delicious and healthy start to the day! It takes less than 5 minutes to make, and it tastes fantastic. Just give it a try!
For more on the paste's health benefits and uses, have a look at this article: Health Benefits and Uses of Turmeric Paste.
To make one smoothie you will need:
- Small to medium apple.
- Ripe banana - the perfect way of using an overripe banana; it will make the smoothie sweet, so there will be no need to add any sweetener.
- One orange, thick orange peel, and all the white peel removed.
- Some orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed from another orange. From a pack is fine, too; just make sure it has no added sugar.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric paste.
Substitute for the turmeric paste
If you don't want to make the turmeric paste, you can replace it with the following:
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- small pinch of ground black pepper
- pinch of cinnamon to taste
- small pinch of ground ginger or a thin slice of peeled fresh ginger
More turmeric paste recipes
Apple Orange Smoothie – with Turmeric
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 1 orange
- 120 ml/ ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric paste for golden milk Note
- ice cubes optional
- Chop the apple and the banana and place them in the food processor. Peel the orange, removing the white parts as well. Chop and add to the food processor.
- Add the orange juice and the turmeric paste (or substitute spice mix) and process until very smooth. Serve with ice cubes, if you wish.