Jacket sweet potatoes stuffed with Camembert and green onions, a comforting, delicious way of enjoying baked sweet potatoes with cheese.
Cheesy Sweet Potatoes
Soft, velvety, jacket sweet potatoes topped with Camembert and green onions. Only a few ingredients, but so much flavor.
These cheesy sweet potatoes are so nice, soft and creamy, you will just love that melting cheese on top and the crunch and freshness that the green onions bring.
If you don’t care about the potatoes having to be baked for about 45 minutes, than this is also a dish that won’t give you a lot to do either.
Just clean and prick the potatoes, slice the cheese and the green onions and you’re done. Everything else takes place in the oven. One quick green salad and you have a delicious and healthy meal in front of you.
How to bake sweet potatoes?
- Preheat the oven. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Make sure that the sweet potatoes have a similar size so that they are ready at the same time.
- Wash and dry them very well.
- Prick them all over with a fork.
- Rub them with the olive oil and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until cooked through, the baking time really depends on their size, so make sure to check, they should be very soft when done.
How to make cheese jacket potatoes?
- Carefully, split the baked sweet potatoes lengthwise in the middle. Keep in mind that they are very hot!
- Scoop out some of the flesh, as much of it as possible without breaking the skin of the potatoes.
- Mix the potato flesh with the butter and half of the green onions and stuff it back in the potatoes. Arrange the cheese slices on top, sprinkle with some more freshly ground black pepper.
- Return to the baking tray and oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the Camembert starts to melt.
How to serve?
- The jacket sweet potatoes should be served immediately.
- Possible sides are a green salad with yogurt dressing, cucumber salad with vinaigrette, a simple white cabbage salad, roasted vegetables like broccoli or Brussels sprouts.
More sweet potato recipes?
Pan-Fried Sweet Potatoes – A vegan sweet potato side dish recipe to accompany almost any dinner you can think of.
Puff Pastry Sweet Potato Pie – With caramelized balsamic onions and cheese.
Broccoli Chickpea Soup – A super healthy, vegan, hot, and delicious soup with broccoli, chickpeas, and sweet potatoes.
Baked Sweet Potato Slices – Just the sweet potatoes, a little oil, and some spices.
Pin it for later!
First published: March 14th, 2016.
Last updated: April 25th, 2020.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 thick slices Camembert
- 2-3 green onions
- fine sea salt and pepper
- some parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash and dry the sweet potatoes and prick them all over with a fork. Rub them with the oil, sprinkle with some salt and pepper, place on a baking tray and bake them for about 40-45 minutes or until cooked through. It might take a shorter or longer time to have them ready, it really depends on their size.
- In the meantime, slice the cheese and chop the green onions thinly.
- When ready, take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and split them lengthwise in the middle. Carefully scoop out some of the flesh, as much of it as you can without hurting the exterior of the potatoes, mix this with the butter and half of the green onions and stuff it back in the potatoes.
- Arrange the cheese slices on top, sprinkle with some more freshly ground black pepper and bake for another 5 minutes or until the Camembert starts to melt.
- Scatter the remaining green onions on top, add some chopped parsley and serve with salad.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 jacket potato
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 1102mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 20g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.