Moist brownies with strawberries and lots of chocolate made from scratch, a must-try brownie recipe this spring!
Strawberry Brownies Recipe
Ooey gooey brownies with strawberries made from scratch. The use of lots of chocolate and fresh strawberries makes these brownies a moist and decadent treat!
Cherry, sweet potato, meringue brownies, and so on… I’ve baked so many different brownies in my life… And I loved them all. I am not a chocolate person generally, you will never catch me biting into a chocolate bar, but I do love brownies and many chocolate cakes. Just as long as they are not dry and they really taste of chocolate.
And these strawberry brownies? They are definitely not dry, actually they must be moister than most brownies and they soooo taste of chocolate! No wonder, considering all that melted chocolate that comes into the batter.
What do you need?
Regular brownie ingredients:
- Unsalted butter, eggs, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar and a little baking powder.
- Dark chocolate with a cocoa content of about 60-70%.
- Milk chocolate.
- I recommend using European style chocolate because that is the kind of chocolate I use and I just know that these chocolate strawberry brownies will taste amazing if you use that chocolate.
- As always when using large amounts of chocolate in baking I recommend using the best kind of chocolate you can afford, the kind you would enjoy eating plain as well. The brownies can only be as good as the chocolate you use.
- Fresh strawberries are best.
How to make strawberry brownies?
Making brownies with strawberries from scratch could not be easier. Making any brownie recipe from scratch is always easy.
It is preferable to use a kitchen scale in baking, it ensures the best results.
- Preheat the oven and line a baking dish of about 23×23 cm/ 9×9 inches with parchment paper.
Prepare the berries:
- Wash them with the green stem still attached, if you remove it before washing, the strawberries will become watery.
- Dry the berries well and remove the stem.
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces and set aside.
Melt the chocolate:
- Chop the chocolate finely and regularly.
- Place it in a small pan together with the cubed butter.
- Heat very very gently, stirring often. The mixture should never get too hot or come to a boil, stir patiently and if you notice that the mixture might get too hot, remove the saucepan and continue stirring off heat until the chocolate-butter mix is very smooth.
- Set aside until you prepare the rest of the ingredients, it should have a moment to cool down slightly.
- Place the eggs, sugar and the flour mixed with the baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Slowly, start adding the melted chocolate mixture.
- You can overdo it with the chocolate now and add a small handful of chocolate chips to the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle the chopped berries all over the brownie batter.
- Press very gently into the batter.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- However, keep in mind that the baking time depends on your oven and on the strawberries as well.
- They contain a lot of water and, depending on that, the brownies might need a bit longer to be ready, than usual brownies do.
- When ready they should be set around the edges and still only very lightly jiggly in the middle.
- If the batter seems too wet still, allow some more minutes and check again.
Can you use other berries?
Sure! Try raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and so on.
More brownie recipes?
- 250 g/ 8.8 oz strawberries
- 125 g/ 4.4 oz/ ½ cup unsalted butter
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz dark chocolate (about 60-70 % cocoa)
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz milk chocolate
- 4 eggs (medium in Germany, large US)
- 200 g/ 7 oz/ 1 cup granulated sugar
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz/ ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- small handful of chocolate chips, optional
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Remove the stem. Chop the strawberries into small pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking dish of about 23x23 cm/ 9x9 inches with parchment paper.
- Chop both kinds of chocolate finely and regularly, cube the butter. Place the chocolate and the butter in a small saucepan. Heat very gently while stirring often. The mixture should never get too hot or come to a boil. If you notice that the mixture might get too hot, remove the saucepan and continue stirring off heat until the chocolate-butter mix is very smooth. Set aside until you prepare the rest of the ingredients, it should cool slightly.
- Place the eggs, sugar, and the flour mixed with the baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Slowly, start adding the melted chocolate mixture. You can add an extra small handful of chocolate chips to the mixture if you wish.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish. Sprinkle the strawberries all over the brownie batter and press them very gently into the batter.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. The baking time depends on your oven and on the strawberries as well. They contain a lot of water and, depending on that, the brownies might need a bit longer to be ready than usual brownies do. When ready they should be set around the edges and still only very lightly jiggly in the middle. If the batter seems too wet still, allow some more minutes and check again.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is not always accurate.