This is a wonderful vegan dish that I have been making a lot in the last year. It goes fast, it’s easy to make and I always have the ingredients in the house. I change the vegetables that I use according to what I have in the fridge or what is in season and we normally eat it with rice.
I find it a bit hard right now to write about this stir-fry as I am simultaneously watching a film on TV. Today is the German Unification Day so everybody has holiday. My husband and children went to a village celebration and I cannot believe I actually have time to watch TV during the day. I think the last time I’ve done this was during my first pregnancy, about 7 years ago. But I couldn’t miss this, it is Agatha Christie’s „The Evil Under The Sun“ with Peter Ustinov and Maggie Smith. Absolutely great! I’ve seen it a couple of times before, but for me it is just one of those movies that I could watch repeatedly. Just as I could read Agatha Christie’s books over and over again. Wonderful!
- 150 g/ 2 cups soy granules
- 700 ml/3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 medium onions
- 1 small broccoli head
- 2 carrots
- 2 red bell peppers
- 150 g/5 oz sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- salt and pepper
- Cover the soy granules with the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and let everything stand for about 10 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Chop the ginger and garlic very finely and pound to a paste. Divide the broccoli head into florets and chop the stem. Cut the bell peppers into fine strips and julienne the carrots. Slice the onions finely.
- Mix the soy sauce, the chili sauce and sriracha.
- Heat the oil and saute the ginger-garlic paste for about 1 minute until fragant. Add the onions and fry until slightly translucent. Add the rest of the vegetables and stir-fry for about 5-6 minutes until they are starting to cook, than add the soy granules and stir-fry for about 1 minute. Add the sauce, salt and pepper to taste and let everything get hot.
- Serve immediately with rice.