Crispy, homemade crispbread recipe with spelt flour, sunflower seeds, flaxseed and sesame seeds. A super easy recipe for delicious seeded crackers.
My favorite homemade crispbread recipe with lots of seeds and spelt flour, easy to make and always a delight.
February already! And with it, a new series on Where Is My Spoon, a two-week series dedicated to breakfast recipes, breakfast recipes you could surprise your loved one on Valentine’s Day.
I have prepared two different breakfasts options, each containing five recipes, which I will present to you one by one during the following two weeks.
What do you need?
- I often make the crispbread with wholemeal spelt flour, but wholemeal wheat flour is just as suitable.
- Sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, and sesame seeds are my standard mix. I use it for muesli, spelt bread and so on.
Otherwise, you need some rolled oats, a little olive oil, salt and water.
Tips for making crispbread
- Mixing the ingredients is super easy, basically, just mix everything together.
- But there are two stages of baking the seeded crispbread.
- Bake for 15 minutes first.
- Remove the tray from the oven and cut the slices now. If you don’t do while the bread is still soft, you will not be able to do it properly once it is baked and crisp.
- Cut in as many slices as desired, either standard rectangular slices or in the form of smaller crackers.
- Return the crispbread to the oven and bake for another 45 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool and carefully break into the pre-cut pieces.
More bread recipes:
- 120 g/ 4.2 oz/ 1 cup wholemeal spelt or wheat flour
- 120 g/ 4.2 oz/ 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 100 g/ 3.5 oz/ ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- 50 g/ 1.7 oz/ 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 50 g/ 1.7 oz/ 1/3 cup flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 ml/ 1.7 oz/ scant 2 ¼ cups water
- Preheat the fan/ convection oven to 170 degrees Celsius/ 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir well with a spoon. The mixture will be quite wet, don't worry about it. Divide the mixture between the two prepared baking trays. Bake for 15 minutes first.
- Take the trays out of the oven, the mixture should be set by now. Cut the crispbread slices now, size according to your preference. If you don't cut the slices now, you will not be able to do it anymore once the crispbread is baked.
- Continue baking for another 45 minutes or until the crispbread is golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool and then break into the pre-cut slices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 712mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information is not always accurate.