I was actually going to post something else today. And then, like 15 minutes ago, I made this herb-garlic butter that we are going to have this evening. We planned to grill today (if it doesn’t start raining too badly), our friends are bringing the meat and I am responsible for the drinks, salad, bread and this herb butter.
I have made it before and knew it was good, so I started early in order to be able to take some pictures before we start grilling. After the pictures were taken, I ate that little piece of white bread smeared with butter, the one I took photos of, and was in heaven. I simply love this butter, I have just forgotten how much. I don’t think I’ll need meet tonight, it will be just bread and butter for me.
You can eat this with steak, on toast or on any sort of bread. It tastes amazing. You can vary the herbs. I normally use a small bunch of parsley and then take about the same amount of other herbs, whatever I have in the garden or on the windowsill. This time was a small bunch of basil, 2 sprigs of thyme and 1 sprig of oregano. I have used tarragon, chives and sage in the past. All great! If using tarragon start with a small amount and increase to taste, it does tend to overpower the rest of the herbs.
So here it is, you will have your herb butter in 5 minutes and you won’t believe how amazing it tastes.
Herb Garlic Butter
Best Herb-Garlic Butter Ever
- 7 oz butter at room temperature
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 small bunch basil
- 1 sprig oregano
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 squirts Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 pinches of white pepper
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Remove the stems of the herbs and chop the leaves very finely. Grate the garlic cloves very finely.
- Mix all the ingredients and fill the butter into small ramekin forms.
- Refrigerate but remove from the fridge on time before serving; otherwise, it will be too stiff to spread.
- Serve on steak, with toast, or on any other kind of bread.