A short and simple recipe for you today. Chicken breast pieces in a lemon-herb sauce. Few ingredients, a little time spent cooking but a great result nonetheless. The chicken is tender, the sauce tangy and refreshing. And everything will be ready in about half an hour. You might need a bit more time if you serve this with baked potatoes and vegetables like I did, but you can choose to serve it with some Italian bread and a green salad. Then you will definitely not need more than 30 minutes for this.
- 600 g/ 21 oz small chicken fillets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 large sage leaves
- 1 large lemon
- a pinch of sugar
- salt and white pepper
- Wash and dry the chicken fillets, then cut them in half.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and fry the chicken until golden all around.
- In the meantime chop the onion very finely. Add it to the chicken and fry shortly while you chop the herbs. Add the herbs to the pan and cook shortly.
- Juice the lemon and mix the juice with 4 tablespoons water. Give this mixture to the pan, cover the pan and cook for about 15 minutes on a low flame. Remove the lid for the last 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken a little. Check if the chicken is cooked after about 12 minutes already, do not overcook it. It should be completely cooked through but still very tender.
- Adjust the taste with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar if necessary.