Creamy tofu spread or dip with tahini and garlic, a vegan delight perfect to serve with crackers or as a dip for vegetable sticks.
Smooth Tofu Dip
Velvety, soft silken tofu spread with tahini, a vegan delight that even meat-eaters will love.
I make lots and lots of bread spreads, but this one really made it to the top of my list lately. If it just wasn't so difficult to get hold of some silken tofu around here, I would probably make it once a week. But every time I do get it, at least half of it is used for this heavenly spread.
I love it on crispbread or with the newly discovered vegan, spelt crackers, or use it as a dip for vegetables like carrots, kohlrabi, peppers, and so on. I just love its creaminess and that hint of garlic and balsamic vinegar.
What do you need?
Just a few ingredientws:
What is silken tofu?
- Japanese tofu, very soft and jiggly, undrained, and unpressed.
- Perfect for making dips and spreads, sauces, and salad dressing.
- Suitable for making vegan puddings and other desserts and it can be used as an egg substitute in baking.
More tofu recipes?
Tofu Spread (with Silken Tofu)
- 5.5 oz silken tofu
- 1 heaped tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar to taste
- 1 garlic clove grated
- fine sea salt to taste
- Blend: Place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Enjoy with crackers, on crispbread, and/or with veggies.