Last Updated on 03/06/2020 by Adina
Creamy tofu spread or dip with tahini and garlic, a vegan delight perfect to serve with crackers or as a dip for vegetable sticks.
Smooth Tofu Dip
Velvety, soft silken tofu spread with tahini, a vegan delight that even meat-eaters will love.
I make lots and lots of bread spreads, but this one really made it to the top of my list lately. If it just wasn’t so difficult to get hold of some silken tofu around here, I would probably make it once a week. But every time I do get silken tofu, at least half of it is used for this heavenly spread.
I love it on crispbread or with the newly discovered vegan, spelt crackers, or use it as a dip for vegetables like carrots, kohlrabi, peppers, and so on. I just love its creaminess and that hint of garlic and balsamic vinegar.
What do you need?
Just a few ingredientws:
What is silken tofu?
We all know the regular, firm tofu, but what is silken tofu?
- It is Japanese tofu, very soft and jiggly, undrained, and unpressed tofu.
- It is perfect for making dips and spreads, sauces, and salad dressing.
- It is also suitable for making vegan puddings and other desserts and it can be used as an egg substitute in baking.
More tofu recipes?
- 150 g/ 5.3 oz silken tofu
- 1 heaped tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- fine sea salt to taste
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Enjoy with crackers, on crispbread, and/or with veggies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: whole recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1478mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.